We are delighted to announce that, following extensive discussions with our Broker Partners, that we are relaunching our Contractors Liability facility designed especially for smaller contractors in partnership with NIG. The scheme, which has undergone a full review, will relaunch with a number of enhancements.
This scheme is available to our panel of brokers on a Delegated Authority basis and offers competitive Public and Employers Liability insurance to with turnovers up to £5m, wage rolls up to £5m and contract limits of £2m, in addition to Contractors All Risks. It also boasts an exclusive policy wording and broader underwriting acceptance criteria.
Policy cover and target trades
This facility is designed to cover a broad range of construction trades, including:
- Carpet Fitters
- Electrical Contractors
- Kitchen Fitters
- Painters & Decorators
- Double Glazing Installers
- Fencing Contractors
- Flooring & Tiling Contractors
- Established businesses with a strong risk management approach to their operations.
Our new enhancements
- The maximum PL indemnity limit for heat work (including naked flames) has increased from £2m to £5m.
- Focus now has the authority to cover height work up to 15 metres, which can be increased to 20 metres subject to certain criteria being met.
- Focus now has the authority to cover depth work up to three metres, subject to a basement conversion exclusion.
- The minimum policy premium has been reduced from £1,500 plus IPT to £1,000 plus IPT.