JCT 6.5.1. Insurance is sometimes included in a limited way under a Contractors Liability Insurance. Focus can offer cover on a full JCT 6.5.1. wording with facilities from leading Insurers of this specialist insurance.
- JCT 6.5.1. Insurance protects the employer in respect of their legal liability for expense, liability, loss, claims or proceedings that arise due to non-negligent injury or damage to any property while undertaking a building contract due to collapse, subsidence, heave, vibration, weakening or removal of support or lowering of ground water.
- Property includes the employer’s own property if this does not constitute the contract works and third party property.
- The insurance is required to be arranged in joint names of employer and contractor.
- Excludes injury or damage where cover is provided by any other insurance, which is the responsibility of the employer to insure under paragraph C.1 of schedule 3, ‘Damage to existing structures and their contents for special perils’.
- Available to all contracting Trades
INFORMATION REQUIRED TO INDICATE PREMIUM
- Name and address of employer
- Name and address of contractor
- Address of contract site
- Value of contract
- Details of the nature of the contract
- Contract period
- A split in the contract value (Demolition / Ground works / Super-Structure / Fit-out / Landscaping / Car parking)
Building and Allied Trades
Construction Combined Liability
Contractors All Risks
Contractors All Risks – Single Contract
Contractors All Risks – Standalone Product
Contractors Combined Liability
Contractors Excess Loss
Contractors Premises Property Damage
Design & Construct PI
Excess Loss PL/Products & EL
Group Personal Accident
Hazardous Location Liability
Higher Risk Liability
Larger Contractors Combined
Site Safety Assessment Tool
Smaller Contractors Combined